Do you own a running buggy? Running with a buggy is a popular way for new mums and dads to enjoy staying active whilst getting round the problem of childcare. Buggy running expert Wendy Rumble, tells Run Mummy Run why she thinks Buggy Running is awesome…
So I became sold on the idea of buggy running quite a few years back now, way before I started up www.runningbuggies.com.
I feel it’s my duty (not in a military serving kind of way, we aren’t that serious) to spread the word about this amazing activity which will make your life much easier.
Here are my 9 reasons that Buggy Running is awesome….
1. It’s the ultimate way to multitask. Exercise, baby naps, mail posted, milk bought and I could go on)
2. Dad can join in. Dads can earn brownie points by taking the little one out for a run and giving mum a break. (Big fans of this)
3. It’s cheaper than childcare! When you consider the cost of a crèche at the gym, the buggy option is much cheaper, working out at about £2.35 per run. (Approx one a week for 3 years and the cost of the buggy dependent obviously.)
4. Fresh air and sunlight rock. Fresh air makes you feel better and makes baby feel better. It’s true what your mother used to tell you. Sunlight gives us Vitamin D which is essential for life and those happiness hormones we need a boost of when sleep deprived.
5.You get to hang out with your favourite little dude and chat about wildlife, nature and trips to the park mid run.
6. You are setting the perfect example to your children about staying fit and exercising as a team. You are their superhero role model and remember they learn by watching…. (Your every move… *insert evil laugh here*)
7. Forget running buggies as a second buggy, many models (Terrain, Thule) have carry cots, car seat adapters or lie flat options making them suitable from birth becoming the very serious sounding ‘travel system’.
8. Running buggies hold good value and as running is super popular, the re-sale market for second hand running buggies is booming.
9. Buggy running it makes you faster and stronger! Pushing a load, no matter how small, is harder than not so obviously this means when you run solo you feel like you can fly! *Insert R.Kelly music here …. I believe I can fly….*
Happy Buggy Running!
Wendy Rumble started up Runningbuggies.com as the only specialist retailer in running buggies. As a busy and active mum of two girls, she wants to help all parents be active. Helping them to improve their physical and mental health as well as setting a fabulous example to the next generation. She provides all the key specs and stats on running buggies, plus useful hints and tips son her website in order to help you find the right running buggy for you.
Photograph by kind permission of Amanda Smith Photography